Friday, August 31, 2012

Entry #y


It taught me how to beg, how to scream, how to offer myself as a worthless offering and be reborn as a shepherd. It showed me how the pieces fell together and how they fall apart.

The eyes are a weakness. Fingers alone can claw them open, pry them to eternal sight and then eternal darkness with a plunge of thumbs into squishy jelly

squish
squish

lop, both are gone, obliterated with a moment's attention.

A thin blade can sever the cords, break the weak spots, shatter the strength, leave him with no leg to stand on. No leg. It is a joke, you see?

And then the throat, so much blood pumping through the neck, and the skin so soft, so tender, so sweet beneath tongue and lip and teeth. Tear it out like a savage or cut it like a civilized man, the blood flows all the same. The blood is my offering!

Abel offered blood and God rebuked Cain! Cain offered blood and God rebuked Cain!

He was Cain, older brother, betrayer, denier of our God's true vision. I am Abel and I am shepherd and he is sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment