Tuesday, August 28, 2012

October 1, 2011


I can't believe I didn't see it before now. I should probably have been paying more attention in class. Who would have thought that the answer would have come from one of those dull text books and the duller lectures?

Electron shells. That's what the patterns reminded me of, and it finally clicked last night. Came to me in a dream, I guess. The pictures were diagrams of atoms, and once I double-checked everything, I came up with this list of what elements they represent:

Yttrium
Oxygen
Uranium
Phosphorus
Lanthanum
Yttrium
Flourine
Oxygen
Rhenium
Vanadium
Erbium

Which, once put in terms of their atomic symbols, becomes:

Y
O
U
P
La
Y
F
O
Re
V
Er

I beat the deadline, I can finally stop dreaming about this, stop dreaming about the cubes, about the unanswered question. I can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment